Register Your Child
- Understanding what Girl Code Africa stands for
- Teamwork makes the dream work
- Why Tech?
- Possibilities of Tech
- Things to remember
- What is a Server?
- The Cloud
- Different languages (Basics)
- Basics of Coding
- Intro to Google Analytics
- Build your store front – HTML website (3 pages)
- Upload your site to your server
- Track your site
- Tracking your results
- Intro to Excel
- Big data
- Expanding our business (more coding)
- Intro to design (Photoshop)
- Basic design
- What is an app?
- Different types of apps
- Build your app (1 page)
- Class complete
We take the girls a step further into web development in a more practical sense.
- We learn the basics of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and the basic syntax of HTML elements.
- We let the girls a build business page with the basic html we learnt previously and start formatting content.
- We start creating links and building navigation to expand the pages on their website.
- We teach the girls how to build forms into their websites.
- We always approach UI at the last stage as we like to show the girls that the first step is making sure the site is functional before it is beautified
- We give the girls an opportunity to give ideas on how they want to promote their business. This will take us into the next steps of digital marketing.